Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Libera │ Silent Night

It doesn't get much better than this.  Libera, the magnificent choir from England singing, "Silent Night", the greatest Christmas song of all time.  Aunt Martha and I spent the whole day, and most of this past evening, searching for something special to feature on Angelfire Love, for this Christmas season.  We "auditioned", literally, hundreds of videos.  Many of them were very promising, but they had to be rejected because of faulty, and clipped audio, and/or video.  But, Aunt Martha, with her preternatural sixth sense, finally suggested Libera's hauntingly beautiful version of "Silent Night".  I told her, "Aunt Martha, we already posted a video of Libera singing a Christmas song.  "Yes, my dear Endyr", she said, "But that was recorded in a cold-hearted TV studio, without any warm ambiance.  I was never satisfied with that post.  Let's find a version of Libera singing 'Silent Night' in a more formal, and atmospheric setting."  As usual, Aunt Martha was so right.  But, we could not find such a version.  Even though we searched and searched, nothing came up.  We were ready to give up, but Aunt Martha was persistent.  I was exhausted after many hours of fruitless searching, and was ready to crash and burn, when Aunt Martha cooked my favorite meal for me, which is a thick cheeseburger deluxe, with her special homemade french fries, and to wash it all down, liters of Coca-Cola.  I was really buzzing now!  As it usually happens in situations like this, we found just what we were looking for, but it was discovered in a most unlikely place.  Needless to say, Aunt Martha and I would like to present to the fans of Angelfire Love, Libera, singing "Silent Night" in a beautiful setting.  Aunt Martha and I would like to wish all of you a Very Merry, and Happy Christmas, and a Happy New Year.  Aunt Martha also sends her love to each and every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment